We recently got back from Mayan Riviera, Mexico in May and it was incredible! We stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya and truly indulged in food, wine, margaritas, the sun, the sand, and the beautiful people.
Every morning, we enjoyed breakfast on the beach, mimosas and the best assortment of fresh fruits, crepes, and omelettes.
Every lunch, fresh guacamole- not just good guac, but the best guac! Made authentically by born and raised Mexicans!
And a few features from our 5 star dinners:
- Surf & Turf: at the on the beach restaurant, I had octopus chips, a steak with gorgonzola cream sauce (& baked potatoes with fresh vegetables), and creme brûlée
- Italian: the best restaurant at the resort! I enjoyed a caprese salad and carpaccio to start (literally, best of both of these I’ve ever had, which is hard to beat because we all know I eat a lot of carpaccio and caprese salads), gorgonzola cream fettuccine, and cannoli for dessert
- French: another top choice at the resort: I started with foie gras, and escargot, enjoyed the canard d’orange as a main, and chocolate mousse and chocolate lava cake for dessert with a sizeable glass of Cab to enjoy the entire meal!
- Thai: not pictured here, but so great as well. I had ‘lumpia’ spring rolls to start, a coconut salmon dish as the main, and chai ice cream for dessert.
- Mexican Fiesta night (also not pictured): fresh ceviche, fish tacos, and all the margaritas a girl can dream of!
After all of these meals, I had to try a 5K fun run to keep off the pounds on the beach, but a fair warning, don’t try it when you’ve had an entire night of tequila and blue curaçao…
And finally, a beautiful last day with high tea ft. sandwiches, desserts, and champagne!
Muchos Gracias, Mexico!