I LOVE this recipe. It’s easy and involves inexpensive and accessible ingredients. The best part is that you can incorporate this into a dinner, snack, or your lunches for work for the week.
We packed hummus with carrots and cucumbers to dip for lunches but mainly enjoyed this delicious recipe with fresh baguette and a green pepper, feta, red onion, cucumber, tomato and dill tapenade with The Unrefined Olive olive oils and balsamics.
Grab your food processor, throw all the ingredients in, place on the first or second setting for approx. 30 seconds and voila- homemade hummus!
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 (15oz.) can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and sliced)
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- A pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water (or more if needed after blended)
- Additional toppings: a swirl of olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, roasted red peppers, and/or parsley