It was a good couple weeks of back and fourth from Montreal to Ottawa, but now we’re here, settled into our jobs and thankful for the exciting start to the summer already!
- Savoy Brasserie for Sunday Breaky: to kick off the newly started dental clinic in Westboro, our amazing boss treated us to some delicious breakfast at Savoy on Richmond Rd. I had the truffled asparagus with sunny-side eggs, a salad, and fresh fruit topped with double smoked bacon- YES!
- Pure Kitchen for Vegan Energy: this vegan restaurant is gorgeous, healthy, and tasty. We were working on a couple 12 hours days at the office to get ready for the grand opening and needed dinner- and not just any dinner- one full of energy and ideally one that would be good for us physically and mentally! Check of their ‘bowls’ and smoothies.
- Kanata Central Bierhaus: on hot summer days, this is the place to be! Endless beer choices (I had Hopf Weiss Bier), fresh oysters, schnitzel and a great atmosphere. This might actually top the Bier Markt! We followed this lovely trip up with a visit to our friends place for ‘Honey Wine’ from B.C.- wine made from honey? So cool! And very sweet. Drink slowly- and on a hot day! The next day we enjoyed a Pinterest goodie from our friend- a french toast bake with homemade vanilla bean whipped cream, fresh fruit and strong coffee!
- Dinner At The New Place: With our friends from the other night, we made stuffed caprese portobello appetizers, and shake n’ bake pork chops, roasted new potatoes, green beans, and cherry tomatoes for the entree paired with Sandbanks ‘French Kiss’ Cabernet Sauvignon (one of my top favourite wines).
- Dinner At The New Place Pt 2: What’s more fun on a rainy day then making your own pizzas? Arugula, Calabrese salami, mozzarella, goat cheese, bocconcini, green and red peppers, mushrooms and BBQ chicken toppings make for some pretty great comfort food! For dessert, homemade pecan pie and post drinks to toast our new adventure (mint and cucumber gin and lime soda water)!