It has truly been an incredible year in this beautiful city and I can’t believe it’s already over. Thanks to all the foodie’s on Insta, Blogs, and cookbooks and some amazing friends for sharing their favourites so I could find mine.
I’m going to share a few last gems in the big city before I go!
- Pullman Wine Bar: order a glass, a bottle, or try a flight of wines that suit your fancy! This place is soave, classy, and relaxed at the same time.
- Mandy’s Salad Bar: all-time best salad bar. A fresh vegan bar with many options and on a hot summer day- fresh squeezed lemonade! Mine boasts kale, cauliflower, tofu, shredded carrots, sesame seeds, avocado and cucumber- YUM!
- Steakhouse: a great B.Y.O.W in the Gay Village! I enjoyed carpaccio with a Crianza Tempranillo and duck confit (not pictured here).
- Artigiani Pizzeria Cucina: delicious Italian spot in the heart of the Plateau that we discovered through Groupon! We split the Arancini (breaded risotto and cheese ball in marinara sauce) and both enjoyed some delicious (and massive) pizzas with pinot noir. And for dessert- ice wine and chocolate cake!
- L’Academie: well, it would only make sense for me to go one last time. I went with some co-workers and devoured the duck confit poutine with 2 ‘oh so special’ Depanneur wines (old vines from Italy and SilverThorne red from Australia).
*Goodbye work with cupcakes (from D’Liche) and cannoli’s (from a small Italian bakery)- amen!
*And some sparkling rose from Hinterland to toast our new jobs and a new adventure!
Merci Beaucoup Mes Amies!