A nostalgic last week of our Habs and the dinners surrounding watching and attending the games. As an early birthday present, I got Eric 100 level seats to the last game of the season. We’ll be moving soon and it was our last game while living the city and a perfect game to see. Although hockey is over (so damn early), cooking and drinking wine is not- and will never be!
- ‘Greek Style Quinoa Burger’ with Mill St. Organic Beer: oh the perfection that this meal was. I did the quinoa paddy a little different this time: I used quinoa, cucumber, red onion, feta, breadcrumbs, egg, and a bit of mozzarella to hold them together. I then made some homemade tzatiki sauce using plain yogurt, dill, fresh-pressed garlic, lemon juice and salt & pepper and topped the burger with some avocado. I served it with a side of green grapes and a refreshing Mill St. Organic to kick my Monday into gear.
- Portuguese Egg Bake: a stolen recipe from my mother-in-law. This is one of my favourites and such a quick bake. Dainty chicken fried rice, 4-6 eggs (use 4 large eggs for two people), spinach (or other vegetables like broccoli or asparagus), sauce made from cheddar cheese, flour, and milk. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Blue Moon Gnocchi with Argentinian Malbec: gnocchi in a garlic, truffle oil rose sauce with roasted portobello mushrooms, topped with blue cheese and fresh cracked pepper. I know, I’m obsessed with truffle oil these days, but seriously, can’t stop won’t stop.
- Chicken Parmesan with Caesar Salad: a classic Italian supper that is saucy and melt in your mouth.
- Irish Truffle Oil and Garlic Salmon with Asparagus and Garlic Rice: Another truffle dish! I might not top salmon with truffle oil again, but it wasn’t too bad. In general, salmon never fails to serve as a light, healthy dinner.
Apparently we’re quite European this week (from Greece to Portugal to Italy to Ireland), but I can’t complain, these dinners were true to the culture and truly fantastic.
What’s For Breakfast? Dessert?
For breaky, we indulged in dark chocolate chip pancakes with fresh strawberries and toasted coconut. For dessert, nanaimo bars and tea!